Jibbserish

...Jibbs' place for all kinds of ish

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

He's just not that into you...

...as if I didn't know.

I watched the movie "He's just not that into you" not too long ago, and I was insulted (to say the least). I haven't read the book, so I don't know if that's any better...but I never planned on reading it anyway.

I felt insulted because of the way they portrayed women and the issues that the women were dealing with (except the married couple). In every situation, I just rolled my eyes and said "duh"...like, tell me something I don't know. I give a guy my number, but when I ask for his number he says he'll call me...*light bulb* "he's just not that into you". Duh. I leave 500 messages for a guy and he doesn't even make an attempt to call me back...*light bulb* 'he's just not that into you". Duh.

What the heck! Can I get some of the more complicated situations analyzed, please.

- We're dating and having a swell time and he says he's going through something that he can't seem to discuss with me. The next day, he stops calling period.

- He calls me at odd times of the day and can't seem to call me at "normal" conversational hours. Does that say something.

- I want a relationship, and he says he doesn't want to hurt the "friendship" by getting into a relationship or better yet, he's trying to "figure himself out"

- He wants to see the possibility of a relationship, but he lives in Alaska and work schedule won't allow him to visit, but he won't pay for my ticket to visit.

Am I complicating the situations and thinking that they are complex when they are not? Is there an underlying concept under each of the "he's just not that into you" scenarios that applies to ALL these issues and I'm just not seeing it?

I am of the opinion that when a man REALLY wants you, NOTHING will stop him from getting you except if you are not interested (and even then...). Everything else is an excuse, and he's really just not that into you.

[Title taken from movie "He's just not that into you"]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home