Jibbserish

...Jibbs' place for all kinds of ish

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I am not my hair

Ok...so you start dating someone and everything is kosher. Looks..check. Intelligence...check. Everything else so far...check. When you met her, she was rocking her natural hair in a bob. Two months later, she becomes weavie wonder. Unfortunately, it doesn't flatter her at all! But, she's set her mind to keep weaving it up.

Ladies...he was bald or something when you met, two months later...he says he wants to start growing dreads and although you've never expressed it before (conversation never went that route)...you HATE dreads!

Do you grin and bear it, or do you scream..."I did not sign up for this" and ask him/her to change or do you bounce?

How much say should you have in your partner's style (or rather, change in style) in a dating relationship.


**I wonder how much say married people get to have***

[Title taken from song: "I am not my hair" by India.arie]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home